After some disruption due to Covid-19, the Creative Network has announced the return of the Isle of Man Art Festival 2021.
Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th August 2021 in the south of the island Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd August 2021 in the north, east and west.
This will be the ninth Isle of Man Art Festival, a celebration of visual art that continues to provide an inspiring opportunity to discover the wealth of creativity on our Island. It provides artists an opportunity to showcase their work and the public to meet them face to face.
Visitors might like the opportunity to purchase art direct from an individual that they meet or to stock up on beautiful greetings cards or buy unique functional objects, if they so wish. There will also be opportunities for visitors to have a go at being creative themselves, watch demonstrations of various techniques or to find out more about artists who run workshops in various disciplines throughout the year. The value of personal creative activity (no matter your skill level) has become heightened to us all during lockdowns, as too has the need to support local – the IOM Art Festival is an ideal boost to both of these concerns.
Over 50 of the island’s artists are participating, covering a wide range of disciplines including; painting, illustration, poetry, sculpting and 3D works, ceramics, jewellery, embroidery, textiles, print-making, glass making, photography and more. The festival will encompass open access to artist studios, exhibitions, workshops and demonstrations right across the Island.
VENUES: 14 – 15 August – Castletown, Ballasalla and South
- Pooil Vaaish Workshop in Ballasalla where we welcome the latest addition to our festival, the Manx Mural Fest. Here a gang of mural artists will be demonstrating their skills in the huge stone cutting workshop. Visitors can watch as each artist produces a huge piece of work over the course of the weekend and have a go themselves by adding to a giant communal piece under the watchful eyes of the experienced artists.
- The Engine House in Castletown where an exhibition of work by ten artists will be held.
The Old Grammar School in Castletown, where four artists will be welcoming visitors to see their work and watch demonstrations.
There will be artists’ open studios at Grenaby and Port Erin.
VENUES: 21 – 22 August – North, East, West and Central
- In Peel, Manx National Heritage are not only hosting the longer term Creative Network ‘Boundaries’ exhibition but will also open their doors at the House of Manannan to several artists doing pop up displays in their foyer.
- The Sailors’ Shelter further down East Quay in Peel will house two artists working.
- In Ramsey in Quayle’s Hall there will be another multi-artist pop up display.
- There will be artists’ open studios in Peel, St Johns, Ballaugh, Ramsey and Onchan.All venues will normally be open 11am – 5pm over each weekend, but best check online in case of last minute amendments. Please visit creativenetwork.im/artfestival21 or follow f: Creative Network IoM on Facebook for festival updates.
- Entrance to studios, demonstrations and exhibition venues for all four days over the two weekends will be completely free, as will the printed Festival Guides which give details of all venues. These printed guides are available now and can be picked up at Hodgson Loom Gallery and Mother T’s in Laxey, The Creative Shop, Noa’s, and the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal in Douglas, the House of Manannan in Peel and most civic centres, libraries and major gallery venues in Castletown, Port Erin, Peel, Ramsey, Laxey and Douglas. For the most up to date information please visit the online festival portal www.creativenetwork.im/artfestival2021The Isle of Man Art Festival is organised by the Creative Network, an artists’ cooperative with over 70 members who share the aim of promoting art and artists on the island and beyond. Valuable support is provided by the Isle of Man Arts Council, Manx National Heritage, Pooil Vaaish Black Limestone Ltd, John Nicholson Trust, local town Commissioners and partner galleries.Festival images from previous years are available at www.creativenetwork.im
For more information please contact Myra Gilbert on 372441 or email@example.com